Video laryngoscopy of the oropharynx, larynx and initial section of the trachea
- Description of the treatment
The Derm-Al Centre offers endoscopic examination of the oropharynx, larynx and initial section of the trachea with an advanced thin spatula with a camera on its end.
The examination makes it possible to diagnose spots that are not visible in traditional laryngological examination. Because the image is recorded during the examination, it may be magnified and analysed on the computer screen in order to detect even very small pathological changes. The results are recorded to compare with future examinations. The patient receives a recording or pictures of the examination.
Video laryngoscopy of the oropharynx, larynx and initial section of the trachea makes it possible to:
- diagnose inflammations or hypertrophies,
- detect cysts, tumors, polyps
- detect foreign bodies in the throat,
- examine the larynx before thyroid surgery,
- pre-diagnose throat cancer.
Throat endoscopy is performed in diagnosing:
- the third tonsil,
- the oropharynx,
- the larynx,
- the initial section of the trachea,
- vocal folds and larynx during phonation (video stroboscopy).
Krzysztof Kiciński medical doctor